Steve Summerville - is President of Stay Safe and retired as a Staff Sergeant with the Toronto Police Service in 2001. Security Coordinator for the AIDS 2012 Washington, 2010 Vienna and 2008 conference in Mexico City (as well as AIDS 2006 in Toronto) and the SARS Concert in Downsview in 2003.
Steve has extensive experience in all phases of Crisis Management Training; including Crisis Resolution, Tactical Communications, Defensive Tactics, Use of Force and Restraints. He has been recognized as an Expert in the field, including every level of the judicial system from Criminal to Coroner's Court. Steve continues to provide Expert opinions to Legal Firms, the Judicial Systems, Coroner’s Court, etc
Copy of Steve’s CV
Copy of Steve’s Expert Witness Recognition
In addition, he has had considerable involvement in the research and development of guidelines, standards and delivery of this training.
He also has training and expertise in the following areas:
- Provincial Use of Force Instructor
- Defensive Tactics Facilitator
- Crowd Management
- Critical Incident Stress Team Training
- Crisis Management and Effective Communications
- Steve is a member of the following associations,
- Association of Professional Security Instructors - Specialized (APSIS)
- Canadian General Standards Board CGSB (Security Guard Training Committee),
- Canadian Society for Industrial Security (CSIS)
- American Society for Law Enforcement Training (ASLE)
- Ontario Association of Police Educators, (OAPE
- Editorial Board of Canadian Security Magazine
As a certified Instructor in virtually every area of Crisis Management, Steve brings a unique perspective and unequalled qualifications to the task. He has recently provided training to groups as diverse as the Canadian Armed Forces, Hamilton Health Care facilities, and CTVGlobemedia. He has been retained as an "expert witness" by both the Defence and the Crown in relation to Use of Force and its applications. As such he brings his wealth of expertise and credibility to ensure an effective evaluation and presentation of recommendations.